Download:Active Keys is available for immediate download.
Modern operating systems offer the increasing number of breathtaking features that bring computing to new edge. These days, computers transform into entertainment and information centers of our homes and offices. There is one major drawback of such miraculous integration, however - computers are still bound to traditional hierarchical interfaces which makes controlling various system actions rather a memory quiz than a comfortable living.
Each and every new piece of computer functionality involves using new software which in turn uses multiple menus, icons and buttons to access its features. It is fairly easy to control one application behavior but what if there are five or twenty of them? Aren't you missing your favorite remote controller? Wouldn't it be great to use one controller to manipulate all the functionality of your PC? Is it a dream that never comes true?
No! Softarium.com is here ready to offer its amazing Active Keys software that will turn your ordinary keyboard into full-blown remote controller for your entire system. That's right! No more miles of mouse moves and injured wrists, no more hassle and interface havocs! Just total control of your entire Windows system using any keyboard at hand!
Active Keys is a powerful yet easy-to-use tool for creating and managing keyboard shortcuts for any system action. Active Keys allows creation of custom keyboard hot keys definitions for otherwise hardly accessible functions. Among those are CD Audio and WinAmp actions, sound volume, windows resizing, opening Internet addresses, folders, documents, sending e-mails, starting applications and much more:
Just imagine being able to control Windows Media Player, screen resolution and color depth, start screen saver, insert current time and date or custom text with just one key press! Throw in the intuitive interface and small memory and system resources usage footprint and you will understand this title worth a try! So go ahead anddownload free now!
Features available in the current version:
- Text commands:
- Paste Predefined Text (paste any text with one keystroke)
- Paste Current Date/Time (paste current date or/and time in adjustable appearence)
- Multimedia commands:
- CD Audio Control (Eject/Close CD Door/Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous)
- Windows Media Player Control (Play/Pause/Stop/Skip Back/Skip Forward/Rewind/Fast Forward)
- iTunes Player Control (Play/Pause/Skip Back/Skip Forward)
- Sound Mute On/Off
- Microphone Mute/Unmute
- Line In Mute/Unmute
- Sound Volume Control (raise/lower volume with adjustable speed) - includes sound volume indicator with ajustable appearence.
- Winamp Control (Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous/Stop with Fadeout/Frw 5 sec/Back 5 sec/Start of list)
- Internet commands:
- Open Web Document (opens any web page with a single keystroke)
- Send Email
- Windows Shell commands:
- Start Program
- Open Folder/Explore Folder
- Open Document
- Print Document (including web pages)
- Empty Recycle Bin / Open Recycle Bin
- System commands:
- Shutdown/Restart/Stand by/Log Off
- Start Control Panel or Control Panel Applications
- Display commands:
- Set Video Mode (allows to set any available resolutions/colors with one keystroke)
- Start screen saver (allows to start screen saver manually)
- Monitor Power Control (allows to power monitor on/off)
- Maximize Window
- Minimize Window
- Restore Window
- Maximize Document's Window
- Minimize Document's Window
- Restore Document's Window
- Move Window
- Size Window
- Make Window Topmost/Non-topmost
- Dock Window to Border or Corner of Desktop (moves a window to any corner or border of the screen)
- Cascade Windows
- Cascade MDI Windows (cascades all document's windows in main window)
- Tile Windows
- Tile MDI Windows (tiles all document's windows in main window)
Updates:We plan to add new actions every month, so if you would like to be notified by e-mail of updates, then sign up for the Active Keys update newsletter.
System requirements:Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
Create new shortcuts with the Wizard.
Properties dialog for editing keyboard shortcuts.